We Care About the Environment. Through the years, HOT has been a leader in managing our business in a way that impacts the environment in a friendly and positive manner. Long before others were paying attention to environmental issues, we implemented the following Environmental Vision and Management Policy:
• Virtually 100% of our paper purchases are from paper companies that harvest trees from decades old tree farms specifically planted, harvested, and replanted to provide an ongoing source of non-public paper pulp.
• We recycle tons and tons of paper every month. Frankly, it is a lot of work and effort, with a buy-back revenue stream that covers only a small fraction of the cost of our efforts. That's OK, we believe it to be a very worthwhile effort.
• We use recycled papers whenever possible, and encourage others to do the same.
• We use inks and toners that are recyclable.
• Whenever possible we use chemicals and solvents that are almost 100% water soluble, bio-degradable, and recyclable. They are often more expensive, but we consider these products to be a wise investment in our future.
• We have implemented programs to reduce our electrical consumption and to minimize the usage of all raw materials.
• An important way that we urge our customers to partner with us in our environmental efforts is by using our digital internet ordering, proofing, and reordering system. Use of our digital ordering system enables all of us to save substantial amounts of gasoline and other raw materials.
• Click here to download free Paper and Sustainable Forestry poster.
Creative. Dependable. Easy.